We spent December 26th at a log cabin at my grandparents senior living apartment complex. This is the 2nd year we rented it out and it is becoming a tradition for the Richmond family (my mom's side). It was a wonderfully fun day. It is always so good to see extended family during the holidays. We also were able to meet my cousin Dawn's new baby, Zoe. She is 7 weeks old and such a cutie. Dawn looked amazing and made being a new mom look effortless. Elizabeth was in heaven being able to hold and feed a REAL baby!! Makes me want another ;) We hung out and chatted, watched the Rams win, grabbed icicles for the kids to eat, enjoyed a real fire, saw an amazing sunset overlooking the Meramac River, had some really good snacks and dinner, laughed, and even played the "rob your neighbor" present game and "Minute to Win It". I left before I ever found out who one that game. I about broke my back doing the 'get the ping pong balls out of the kleenex box that is tied to your back'. It was hilarious watching everyone attempt that challenge. Rob left that morning for Mexico, so I do miss having him there for an extra set of hands with the kids. I also know he really enjoys hanging out with all of the relatives. I am glad we all spent the day together and feel very blessed to have such caring and funny relatives. My grandparents aren't getting any younger and I feel so blessed that they are still very active and a part of the celebration.
No comments:
Post a Comment