Sunday, May 10, 2009

Micah turns 2



We have had an eventful past week with Micah turning 2 on May 6th. My baby is 2?!! Makes me want another! Ha ha ha! Micah's birthday was a nice day weather wise, a little cloudy, but nice. We started the day off by going to Petsmart to pick out a fish. Micah loves watching fish and I thought this was a harmless fairly easy "pet" to take care of. Now that Molly isn't around I kinda miss having something. He named his fish Elmo. I keep calling him Nemo, which really has a better ring to it, but it's not my fish:) The day after we brought Elmo home the kids found a box turtle at our neighbors. Our turtle, Bugby, as Benjamin named him, has been the real highlight of the last few days. Micah loves him and has now figured out how to carry him around. Oh, and now he enjoys putting him on his back and flipping him over. It's really kinda cute (I hope the turtle is ok). The turtle is so laid back and tolerates all of the kids attention. He hangs out inside just walking around the house. He has had a bath, walked around outside, and even ate some strawberries, ground beef and a donut. I must admit a turtle is a great pet, very low maintenance. Now if we can just get him litter box trained.
Saturday was Micah's birthday party. The day was gorgeous. Low 70s and lots of sun. We blew up the bounce house for the kids. Our former neighbor gave it to us for free. I think the kids will love having it around this summer. Micah's party was an airplane theme with decorations, cake and party favors. We made all but the cake. The cake was from Helfer's in Florrisant. It was very good! The evening ended with the kids playing outside driving around the jeep and just running around having fun.
Today is Mother's Day and it has been relaxing. Nothing planned but a bbq for dinner with Helen, Jennie and Maureen. Hopefully the rain will stay away. I am so thankful for my 3 beautiful kids and enjoy spending all the time with them that I can.

No comments: