Thursday, March 20, 2008
The flood of 2008
We have had a lot of rain over the past few days, well I guess it was only two days. Yesterday morning Rob woke up and went downstairs for a shower only to find our basement rather soggy. The carpet in our office is soaked. I think we will just pull it up and replace it. We have done nothing yet to save it because we have been working on the family room carpet. One half, where our sofas and tv are, is soaked. We have done some shop vacuuming and fan blowing with no improvement. I even rented a commercial carpet blower and dehumidifier yesterday. After 24hrs Rob just left to rent a heavy duty carpet cleaner to suck up the water. We are trying to save the family room area carpet. I am not even sure where most of this water came in and it came so fast. We went to bed at 10pm all dry and by 6am we had this huge mess. Yesterday Rob had to work and then parent conferences followed, so he didn't get home until 9pm. Good thing Maureen was in town so I could run around and do a little bit of "cleaning". You have to love Mother Nature. I guess we are lucky in that we did not have to evacuate and never had standing water in the basement. We were suppose to take the kids to the Zoo today since Rob's spring break just started. Guess that will have to happen next week. It is nice to see the sun shining brightly and know it will be warm with no rain forecasted for the next 5 days.