Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 Ambitions

I hate to call them resolutions. Too cliche. So here I am hanging out at work and thinking about all of the ways to make 2010 the best year yet. Here goes...

1.Play with my kids-I mean really play with them. I spend sooooo much time doing and not being. I clean the house constantly, check my email, look for lost items, do laundry, meal plan, spend time doing something for myself and the list goes on and on. My kids will only be toddlers/school age once in their life and I don't want to regret not really being there for them. Do I need a spotless house and is that ever really possible? No, and my kids need me to be present. We can start by playing with their new games and toys that they received for Christmas. And there's a lot, so that will keep us occupied for a while. I also need to remember what it's like being a kid. Mine really live in the moment and are not old enough to look ahead. I worry a lot about the future and less about how the present is going. I also want to read to them more, pretend more, listen better and laugh harder!

2.Oh dear, my least favorite, but definately needed. Get back on track with Jillian Micheals. Working out is good for the soul, right? I want to be a healthier person in 2010 and who says I can't try to be a little bit more toned. This is the one body God has given me and I don't intend to let it just expand until I outgrow my waredrobe or even worse look like I am pregnant when I am not. It is a tough sacrifice for me to find the time to workout since I totally bailed on my gym membership last year. At least this way I can workout in the comfort of my own home. A bunch of my co-workers are doing the biggest loser here at work (the winner gets money!), so that will help inspire me as well. Now to get Rob on board to eat less sweets!

3.Drink more water. I used to be ok at this, but boy do I love my morning coffee. I am definately NOT giving that up. I need to make sure I stay on top of my water intake. I have a nice 24oz camelbak bottle I can use, I just don't. I figure at least 48oz of water a day would be a good start. I really crave Diet Dr. Pepper at work and need to find away to drink much less of it.

4.Read more books. I really do love reading it is a matter of finding the time; just like working out. I received 3 books for Christmas. 2 Jodi Picoult and 1 Nicolas Sparks book. I tend to stick to the same authors, but I love their books!

This is a short list of many other ambitions I have for the new year, but I thought I would start with my top 4!

Happy New Year!!!!!

No comments: